Visual Merchandising is a critical means of communicating the Molbak’s brand and point of view to our customers. The Visual Merchandising team at Molbak’s is responsible for planning, creating, coordinating, monitoring and measuring compelling, effective displays throughout the store. This is a hands-on job requiring both an eye for design as well as the ability to bring those designs to life. The visual merchandiser must be adept at managing both projects and resources effectively and creatively. The visual merchandiser also needs to be able to inspire and engage our employees as well as our customers with their approach. This position reports to the head of Products and Marketing.
This particular position works most closely with Live Goods and is responsible for creating visual displays throughout the nursery, garden plants, and indoor plant departments. As such, horticultural knowledge and familiarity with landscape design principles will be beneficial.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
• Work closely with the Buyers, Marketing and Retail Staff to build powerful and effective displays to inspire customers and move key products in support of the company sales plan.
• Stay abreast of the latest trends in merchandising and display – take chances and risks – research creative new display ideas.
• Create a clear schedule and plan for each display to include timing for changing out display and product. Need to be able to provide a written display plan that others can execute and maintain.
• Measure and report on the success of each display and build on the successes, learn from results.
• Create and adhere to a budget for the visual merchandising team and maintain props and materials to re-use as possible.
• Establish and maintain a master visual display calendar and schedule that looks out 6 months ahead and integrates the entire store.
• Work with the Marketing department on major displays, special projects and incorporating the overall brand vision and retail themes into the various displays.
• Work with departmental floor staff to train them on how to create and keep up displays to the Molbak’s standard. Act as a display resource for assigned departments – work with floor staff to teach, advise and support.
• When working on the sales floor, visual merchandising team is expected to help with customer service as they are able to ensure that customers have a great Molbak’s experience.
• Perform duties in a professional, efficient manner, including;
• Communicate effectively and openly with managers and co-workers.
• See projects through to completion.
• Prioritize and maintain productivity in a fast paced environment.
• Work independently and take initiative to keep busy.
• Be dependable, arrive on time, and maintain good attendance habits.
• Be flexible with schedule when needed.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude toward coworkers.
• Properly handle situations which threaten store security, loss prevention, or customer and employee safety.
• 2 or more years of Retail Merchandising experience
• Solid horticultural knowledge and comfort identifying environmental requirements for various plants.
• Exceptional writing, verbal and presentation skills
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook
• Landscape design background is a plus.
• Retail customer service experience preferred
• Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 60 lbs. and to work standing, walking, bending and lifting over the course of a full eight hour workday
• Indoor and Outdoor retail and greenhouse environments – this position will be working extensively with plants (indoor and outdoor plants); building displays will require lifting and moving 5-10 gallon trees and shrubs.
• Some exposure to extremes in temperature and weather – can be very hot, cold, windy or wet.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Molbak’s Garden + Home
13625 NE 175th St.
Woodinville, WA 98072.
Or you may email same information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular employment applications are also available in the store. For general employment information, please call our Employment Line at 425-398-5122.
Molbak’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer